Exam: 500664RR – International Environmental Forces
1. The organization within the Japanese government deemed the most benign is the
A. Tariff and Taxation Bureau.
B. Fair Trade Commission.
C. Maritime Commission.
D. Justice Department.
2. When skilled workers migrate in search of professional and economic opportunities, it’s called
A. competitive labor.
B. brain drain.
C. market forces.
D. labor quality.
3. The two components of material culture are technology and
4. After Saudi Arabia, the country with the greatest heavy oil reserves is
5. A commitment to actions that meet present needs without compromising the ecological, social, and
economic needs of future generations characterizes
B. economic stability.
C. environmental sustainability.
6. Hiring and promoting employees on the basis of the specific local context in which the subsidiary
operates refers to a/an _______ orientation.
7. Generally, because of higher birth and fertility rates, developing countries have more _______
populations than industrial countries.
8. The initial step international business managers must take in learning to live with other cultures is to
A. visit the country.
B. make friends with natives of the country.
C. learn the language.
D. realize that other cultures exist and are different from their own.
9. Only the continent of _______ lacks inland waterways.
C. North America
D. South America
10. The International Energy Agency concluded in 2010 that
A. oil reserves would dry up by 2020.
B. oil demand must immediately drop worldwide by 10 percent.
C. sustainable energy development was not feasible.
D. a worldwide energy revolution based on low-carbon technologies is under way.
11. There are several criteria for segmenting markets. Which of the following are two criteria for
A. Unclassified and unfulfilled
B. Small and elusive
C. Diverse and accessible
D. Large and definable
12. The risk of punitive damages in product liability cases has caused
A. foreign companies to withhold potentially beneficial products from the U.S. market.
B. little change on research or new products.
C. consumers to demand that cases be heard by a judge rather than a jury.
D. U.S. companies to increase research to find safer products.
13. Only _______ percent of ICs have repatriation programs.
14. ICs pay _______ when the host-country taxes are higher than home-country taxes.
A. tax differentials
B. tax disincentives
C. housing allowances
15. Laws designed to prevent price fixing, market sharing, and business monopolies are called
A. fair trade regulations.
B. consensus policies.
C. antitrust laws.
D. purchasing power parity (PPP).
16. Market screening is derived from
A. environmental scanning.
B. current market trends.
C. global opportunities and threats.
D. local sociocultural forces.
17. As multinationals take a/an _______ view, we’re certain to see greater use of third-country nationals.
18. A/An _______ is a large exhibition where companies maintain booths to promote product sales.
A. trade fair
C. cost-benefit analysis
D. field trip
19. _______ is a category of renewable energy fuels based on photosynthesis.
C. Wind power
20. _______ can divide a small market into even smaller ones.