Q using the same data set and variables for your selected topic, add the following information to your analysis: Age Data Option Checkup:
Standard Deviation 8.924337
Sample Size 60
2. Perform the hypothesis test. Critical Value method.
• If you selected Option 2:
o Original Claim: The average age of all patients admitted to the hospital with infectious diseases is less than 65 years of age.
o Test the claim using α = 0.05 and assume your data is normally distributed and σ is unknown.
• Based on your selected topic, answer the following:
1. Write the null and alternative hypothesis symbolically and identify which hypothesis is the claim.
2. Is the test two-tailed, left-tailed, or right-tailed? Explain.
3. Which test statistic will you use for your hypothesis test; z-test or t-test? Explain.
4. What is the value of the test-statistic? What is the P-value?
5. What is the critical value?
6. What is your decision; reject the null or do not reject the null?
a. Explain why you made your decision including the results for your p-value and the critical value.
7. State the final conclusion in non-technical terms.