Your essay needs to address the following:
• Describe the advantages and disadvantages of magnetic storage, optical storage, and solid state storage using criteria such as versatility, durability, capacity, access time, and transfer rate.
• Briefly, describe what a microprocessor is and explain its relationship to software.
• List the four types of memory and briefly, describe how each one works.
• Describe the differences between a computer program, system software, operating system, and application software. Give examples of each type.
• Finally, wrap up your paper with a discussion on the significance of digitization and its impact on the digital revolution in reference to data representation, processing, and security.
Unit I Essay
Tour a Museum for the Unit I Essay, you will be touring an art museum of your choice. You may visit one in person or take a virtual tour via the Internet. The non-graded Learning Activities share a couple of virtual tours that you may take, but you are welcome to visit any museum that interests you. Please include the name and location of your museum tour.
For this essay, please write about at least two pieces of art. For each piece, address the following:
• Include the title, artist, date, medium, and scale.
• Why did you choose this piece?
• What do you think is the artist’s message?
• What are the cultural significances of this piece?
• What historical elements are included in this piece? Your essay must be a minimum of two pages in length. All sources used must be cited and referenced.