1 To remove any hidden data from your document before sharing it, what should you do?
A. Click the File tab, click Check for Issues, and then click Protect Document.
B. Click the File tab, click Check for Issues, and then click Inspect Document.
C. Click the File tab, click Check for Issues, and then click Check Accessibility.
D. Click the View tab and then click Protect Document.
2. How can you achieve an effect like that shown in the image?
A. Click Enlarged Font in the Insert group.
B. Click Drop Cap in the Text group.
C. Click Enlarged Cap in the Text group.
D. Click Dropped Indent in the Insert tab.
4. Elisa and Josh need to access General Help. Elisa will press the F1 key. Josh will click on ? in the upperright corner of the Word document. Who will access General Help?
A. Only Josh
B. Both Elisa and Josh
C. Only Elisa
D. Neither Elisa nor Josh
6. If you press the Tab key when you’re in in the last cell of a table,
A. a new column is added.
B. the cell is divided.
C. a new table is added.
D. a new row is added.
7. Once you’ve saved a block of text or graphics for easy insertion in other documents, you’ll see it in the _______ gallery.
A. Quick Parts
B. Multimedia Online
C. Photo Space
8. Angela and Jose saved files to a USB drive as well as on their computers’ hard drive. Angela says when she makes changes to a file on the USB drive, the same file on her computer will update. Jose says that the files on the USB drive won’t be in sync with the files on his computer. Who is correct?
A. Only Jose is correct.
B. Neither is correct.
C. Only Angela is correct.
D. Both are correct.
9. _______ allows you to specify how a photo is positioned in the text of your document.
A. Wrap Text
B. Wrap Photo
C. Align Photo
D. Align Text
10. How would you insert a section break in a document?
A. Press Ctrl+Enter.
B. Click the Section button in the Home tab.
C. Click the Break button in the Insert tab.
D. Click the Breaks button in the Page Layout tab.
11. How do you change the top and bottom margins of an entire document?
A. Click on the View tab and then on Header and Footer.
B. Click the Page Layout tab and then the Margins button.
C. Click the Page Layout tab and then the Orientation button.
D. Click on the Tools tab and then on Options.
12. How do you access the dictionary and thesaurus in Word?
A. In the Review tab, click the Define icon next to the Spelling & Grammar tool.
B. In the Insert tab, click the Help icon to the left of the Spelling & Grammar tool.
C. In the View tab, click the Dictionary icon.
D. Click the Dictionary/Thesaurus icon in the upper-left page.
13. Which of the following menu commands would you select to make a copy of an open file and rename it?
14. Which of the following allows you to view and access important information about your document all in one location?
A. Backstage view
B. Help icon
C. Menu bar
D. Status bar
15. To reveal paragraph markers, such as spaces, hard returns, and tabs in your document, you should
A. click the Show/Hide button.
B. click the General tab.
C. click the Page Layout tab.
D. right-click anywhere in the task bar and click the ¶ symbol.
16. If you want to have certain icons available regardless of what tab you’re using, you should add them to the
A. Home tab.
B. Status bar.
C. QuickAccess toolbar.
17. What keyboard shortcut can you use when you want to save a document?
18. In Word, a red wavy underline indicates a/an
A. possible misspelled word.
B. hard page break.
C. AutoCorrect suggestion.
D. possible grammatical error.
19. The _______ is the area on your screen where you can access the tab and menu options for Word.
B. Backstage view
C. Status bar
D. Navigation bar