- In a survey, 24 IT professionals in Chicago were asked how much their annual salary was for the year 2012. The results are shown below:
$109,000 $65,000 $65,000 $59,000 $180,000 $101,325
$130,000 $95,000 $81,500 $69,000 $71,500 $74,880
$64,000 $72,000 $71,000 $82,300 $49,000 $51,200
$39,000 $48,500 $64,330 $41,100 $52,330 $82,000
- Construct a frequency distribution with 5 classes.
- Create a histogram of the data using the frequency table from question 1-a.
- A software company asked 100 of its programmers to develop a certain program individually. The following histogram shows the time it takes a programmer to finish the task:
- How many classes are there for the given histogram?
- What is the class width of the histogram?
- What percentage of programmers can complete the task in 30 hours?
- How many hours does it take the majority of the programmers to complete the task?
- Search the Internet for prices of 11 different laptops.
- Compute the mean, median, and mode of these prices.
- Find the first and third quartiles of the prices.
- In the following image, the memory usage of various processes of a computer running a Windows Operating System is shown:
Create a scatter plot of the memory usage of the processes.
Find the following measures of central tendency of the memory usage in kilobytes (Kb):
Find the following measures of dispersion of the memory usage in Kb:
Identify the values that are responsible for the variance of the dataset. Provide a possible solution on how the computer user could decrease the variance of his or her memory usage.
- Answer the following questions completely, using proper grammar, complete sentences, and correct terminology:
- Explain what it means to have a standard deviation of 0.
- Without doing any calculations, is it possible to tell which of the following 2 sets has a higher standard deviation? Explain your answer.